Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First blog

testing

22 comments:

Angie said...

The Mennobrarian Blogger website is having a wonderful giveaway! I just entered it. Below is the address. It ends on Oct 8. Read about it below!!

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/mennobrarian/111957/?#c170378

Christmas Give-away
07:53, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 .. Posted in Books .. 27 comments .. Link
Thank you to everyone who gave me such encouragement for my writing project. I have taken it in prayer to the Lord and am seeking His guidance on whether this is the right time to start writing a book. Meanwhile, please know that I am working on compiling a list of non-generic Amish books that will be posted soon. It is such a blessing to recommend good Christian books to others!

Now, as promised, I have a special giveaway to help start your holiday season. Now, what would somebody like me give away? Well, books, to start with! The lucky winner will receive :

Two books: The warm and inviting novel "A Redbird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg, which is a charming story of faith at Christmas time. The other book is Debbie Mumm's "Joyful Traditions for the Holidays" which is a beautifully photographed collection of simple homemade Christmas ideas for decorating, treats, and gifts. The Mumm book also includes patterns for some projects. It's a fun book to look through and have around throughout the season. Neither book is heavy reading, they are both light and joyful and meant to enhance the time of year that we rejoice in our Savior. Both books are hardback. While cozy in your favorite reading chair, you might enjoy a cup of hot tea, which is why I am also throwing in a box of cinnamon honey sticks (100% natural, made with clover honey). Empty one into your tea or give them to your children as delicious snacks. Finally, I'll add a packet of Christmas Aroma to simmer on the stove and make your house smell wonderful with hardly any effort. I also reserve the right to throw in any extra goodies at the last minute.
Thanks!

Monica said...

Thanks for posting about my giveaway on your blog!

Angie said...

This Full House.com website has wonderful giveaways, enter the one below!! I did! It ends on Oct.16.

http://www.thisfullhouse.com/reviews/2008/10/this-full-hou-3.html

This Full House Giveaway #24: Review of Scooby Doo and the Goblin King - Own it on DVD!

http://www.thisfullhouse.com/reviews/2008/10/this-full-hou-3.html

WIN IT HERE: Just leave a comment on this post by 10:00 a.m. on October 16th (Thursday) and you ARE automatically entered to WIN IT! Two winners will be picked (via random.org) and announced via email and post on PRIZEYWinners!

HEY, you (yes, YOU!) are you a blogger? Excellent! Blog about this contest, YOU MUST LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR LINK, to get THREE chances (for a total of 4) to win! Check out the instructions to see how.

Good luck and don't forget to check out these giveaways for more awesome stuff we're just itching to, you know, giveaway

Thanks

Angie said...

Out of the Pink Sky website has a great contest. They are giving away a Sendai Garden Pendant. It is lovely! Check out their site.

https://www.outofthepinksky.net

http://www.outofthepinksky.net/cellar_door/2008/09/and-now-for-my-next-giveaway.html

Mary512 said...

Thanks for subscribing, you are now entered in the CD giveaway twice. --Regards, Mary @ Adventures in Mommyland

Angie said...

FOLLOWING IN MY SHOES is having a great giveaway!

www.followinginmyshoes.blogspot.com
http://followinginmyshoes.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first-giveaway.html

Win It!

The Giveaways begins Monday, October 13th.
Entries will be accepted through Midnight on Sunday, October 19th.

The winners will be announced on my blog (and emailed) Monday, October 20th.

What You Can Win:

One Lucky Winner will receive a shirt from Peace Love Mom!

A Second Lucky Winner will receive a $10 Starbucks Giftcard!
(since I'm on a caffeine-free kick right now, I need to pass this on to someone who can use it!)

I will be using a random number generatory to select the winners; please note, I will be checking to make sure you follow the entry guidelines. If the guidelines are NOT followed, I will be "pulling" a different number

Go and enter, I did!
Thanks!

Angie said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6401421277078274147&postID=2693235661617188402&page=1

Angie said...

Review: "I LIKE YOU" and GIVEAWAY!!

http://bookingmama.blogspot.com


http://bookingmama.blogspot.com/2008/10/review-i-like-you-giveaway.html

Summary: I LIKE YOU is an "entertaining guide to entertaining" and includes recipes, complete meal plans, decorating suggestions, music choices, conversational ice-breakers, and hospitality tips to create the perfect evening at home. The book has scrapbook feel, including color as well as black and white photos, illustrations, and craft patterns. Whether it's an intimate night for two or a ladies' luncheon for twenty, Sedaris offers her own advice to make guests feel welcome and the host look good. I LIKE YOU is the essential handbook for full-scale entertaining the Sedaris way.

The inspiration for I LIKE YOU comes from Sedaris's own domestic expertise. A notorious baker and cook, her famous cheese balls can be bought at Gourmet Garage and her cupcakes at Joe Coffee in New York City. Sedaris covers all aspects of home entertaining. Sample chapters include: A Greek Dinner Date; Grieving; Entertaining Children; A Rich Uncle Comes to Visit; Baby Shower; The Elderly; Cooking for Oneself; Picnic; and a variety of courtships, such as dating a hunter, a dieter, or an alcoholic. All chapters contain tips, hits and misses, and end with a critical evaluation of the event or a letter from a guest. -- Warner Books Press Release

I was very excited when I received a copy of Amy Sedaris' I LIKE YOU: HOSPITALITY UNDER THE INFLUENCE from Hachette Book Group USA. I LOVE cookbooks! It's not that I cook a lot, but I do love looking through cookbooks (especially ones with lots of pictures.) And, I LIKE YOU is a really big cookbook (over 300 pages) filled with tons of pictures. I couldn't wait to sit down with a cup of coffee and look at all the recipes!

I remember awhile back when I saw Amy Sedaris on The Martha Stewart Show promoting her cookbook; and I thought she was a hoot! I had a feeling that her cookbook wouldn't be like any other cookbook that I own. Well after reading through this book, I can now say for sure that this is nothing like any other cookbook that I've ever seen. There are lots of recipes, but this book is so much more than just a normal cookbook. This book is a very entertaining (and often times, outrageous) cookbook!

If you're not familiar with Amy Sedaris, you should really check out her website. I think she is a riot! This book captures Ms. Sedaris' hilarious personality perfectly. I had so much fun reading this book, and I found myself laughing out loud many times. I also love how there is just so much happening on each page. You could read this book over and over again and still find new things to laugh at. While much of this book is truly "out-there" and wacky, there are actually some great entertaining tips and recipes mixed in.

Not only is this book chock full of recipes that are actually do-able, but it also has lots of helpful entertaining hostess tips (as only Ms. Sedaris can give.) There are lots and lots of pictures -- some are of the recipes, buts many are of "decorating ideas" and "crafts." Ms. Sedaris even says that, "This book is so visual, a monkey could enjoy it." You can read an excerpt of her cookbook here. And you can even see some of the sample recipes here.

The paperback version of I LIKE YOU will be available on October 22nd; and I am so happy to say that I have up to five copies of I LIKE YOU to share with you. For every fifteen comments that I get, I will give away one book -- that means if I get 30 comments, I will giveaway two; 45 comments, three books, etc. up to five books. Please leave a comment with your e-mail address for one entry. If you would like to be entered two times, blog about this contest with a link back to this post. I will continue to receive entries until Friday, October 17th at 11:59 p.m. EST; and I will announce the winner(s) on October 18th. Unfortunately, this contest is open to US mailing addresses only. A big thanks to Hachette Book Group USA for offering this giveaway.
Posted by Julie P. at 4:39 AM
Labels: Cookbook, Giveaway, Humor, Review

Angie said...

BABY BELLA MAYA GIVEAWAY !!!

http://server.babywearsprada.com

Do you love blankets and matching booties for your little one? Me too! Enter now to win a matching blanket and booties set from Baby Bella Maya.

Baby Bella Maya designer blankets are beautiful, soft and silky. A fashion statement for the chic and trendy mom who wants nothing but the best in comfort for her baby. Generously sized at 35"x38", the blankets are available in several styles.


Designer booties add a touch of style to baby's feet. So cute and adorable! Available in a variety of boy and girl designs to compliment any outfit.

Enter now for a chance to win a matching blanket/booties set. Go to Baby Bella Maya and pick your favorite design. Come back to this post and leave us a comment telling us what your fav is.

Earn 5 extra entries by blogging about this giveaway. Send an email to shanna@babywearsprada.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with a link to your blog to receive your extra entries.

Contest open to US residents only. Contest will end at 11:59pm Monday October 20th. If winner does not respond within 72 hours, another winner will be randomly selected.

Enter this I did!!

Angie said...

PRISSYPOOF GIVEAWAY !!!!

http://server.babywearsprada.com

PrissyPoofs is changing the way you look at dress-up. Enter for your chance to win a fantastically fabulous PrissyPoof for your little princess!

PrissyPoofs are the perfect accessory for your little princess. Entirely too fabulous to relegate to the dress-up trunk, PrissyPoofs are just as fun to wear with jeans and sweatshirts as they are with glass slippers and tiaras. These exquisitely made tutus are perfect for dress up, photo shoots, birthday parties or play dates. Many of the poofs are embellished with pom poms, ribbons, marabou, and other sweet details.

One winner will be chosen to receive a PrissyPoof of their choice. Go to PrissyPoof and pick out your favorite Poof, then come back to this post and tell us what your choice is.

Earn 5 extra entries by blogging about this giveaway. Send an email to shanna@babywearsprada.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with a link to your blog to receive your extra entries.

Contest open to US residents only. Contest will end at 11:59pm Monday October 20th. If winner does not respond within 72 hours, another winner will be randomly selected.

Enter this lovely giveaway, I did!
Angie

Ruth said...

It works!

Angie said...

NEW: ENTER TO WIN************

Check out the new CD, The Other Side of Me, by Linda Eder at Barnes and Noble.com and enter to win an autographed CD and T-shirt from Linda Eder at What’s That Smell?

Angie said...

JUICER GIVEAWAY!!!!
by The Jilly Bean ~ October 20th, 2008.

http://thepost-itplace.com/?p=833#comment-1458

The makers of Lexen Wheatgrass Healthy Juicer want to introduce you to a healthier way of living. Keep reading and see how you can win a juicer from Lexen Products! This is a great product. It is easy to use, it is easy to clean up and the benefits are phenomenal! A Healthy Juicer would make a great Christmas gift for that loved one that is trying to live a little healthier, trying to loose a few pounds, or just generally wanting to feel better about themselves and what goes into their body.

Wheatgrass has the following properties:
•Detoxifies the liver
•Cleanses the colon
•Leads to a tangible energy boost
•Boosts the immune system
•Purifies blood as Chlorophyll has similar molecular structure to hemoglobin - a component of blood
•Very rich in chlorophyll
•Contains 97 enzymes, vitamins, phytochemicals and minerals made famous in the US by Dr. Ann Wigmore in treatment of cancer
•Experience less colds as your resistance to infection increases •
•Contains more protein per once than beef

BUT, that isn’t all the Healthy Juicer does. I juiced some celery, kale, and parsley and made green cornbread tonight. It was a very interesting process that was both fun and healthy. The kids loved that the cornbread was green…and when I say green…I mean GREEN.

Now, how can you win a juicer for your family?

GO TO Lexen Products www.lexenproducts.com and read about the benefits that a juicer can bring to your life. Then, let me know what you would do with a juicer and how it would benefit you. If you would like an extra 2 entries, blog about it, then let me know in a separate comment.Stumble it and then let me know in a separate post for an extra entry.

Contest ends on Monday Oct. 27 at 9 PM EST
Must have a US mailing address
Winner will be selected randomly
Winner will have 3 days to respond before another winner will be selected

Angie said...

PAPER SHOUTS $50 GC GIVEAWAY!!

http://www.thriftyandchicmom.com/search/label/Giveaway

Want to win a $50 gift card to Paper Shouts? Simply head on over to Paper Shouts and find your favorite holiday card. Come back here and in a comment tell me your favorite card as well as your favorite green tip, product, or initiative. For more entries do any or all of the following, be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry:

Subscribe to my emails or feed
Blog about this giveaway with a direct link back
Grab my button
Twitter, Stumble, or Digg this with a link back to the giveaway
Make a purchase from Paper Shouts during the giveaway

Contest ends Nov. 5, 2008 at midnight PST

Angie said...

Complete addy below:

PAPER SHOUTS $50 GC GIVEAWAY!!

http://www.thriftyandchicmom.com/search/label/Giveaway

Angie said...

This Full House Giveaway #27: Animal Paradise for Nintendo DS - Beware of Cute Overload!

http://www.thisfullhouse.com/reviews/2008/10/this-full-hou-6.html?cid=136179095#comment-136179095

http://www.thisfullhouse.com

Just in time for the holidays (there are 65 shopping days left until Christmas, just so you know) the very generous folks at Empire Interactive are offering three (3) of our readers a copy of Animal Paradise for Nintendo DS!

[Retail Value: $19.99]

ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)

FIND IT HERE: Amazon.com

WIN IT HERE: Just leave a comment on this post by 10:00 a.m. on October 29th (Wednesday) and you ARE automatically entered to WIN IT! Three (3) winners will be picked (via random.org) and announced via email and post on PRIZEYWinners!

HEY, you (yes, YOU!) are you a blogger? Excellent! Blog about this contest, YOU MUST LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR LINK, to get THREE chances (for a total of 4) to win! Check out the instructions to see how.

Good luck and don't forget to check out these giveaways for more awesome stuff we're just itching to, you know, giveaway!

© 2008 This Full House and This Full House Reviews - All Rights Reserved.

[Oh, and did you know that we host a Review

Angie said...

SILLY MONKEY WIN ONE TODAY!!

http://www.babitty.com/?p=96#comments

We have decided to give away a silly monkey or two! One is brown and the other a vintage flower pattern.

These all organic cotton monkeys are favorites for kids — and parents can truly feel good about giving there child a healthy toy that is safe for them, the environment and is made by a company with a social consciousness. These are overstock items left from our affiliate Napping Baby that closed its e-boutique doors on October 15th. To win, please enter a comment on this entry including a link to your website or blog and discussing why you should win one of the monkeys. The contest ends October 31st at midnight.

For more information about where you can get one, please visit the manufacturer — Under the Nile at www.underthenile.com

I know a little gal who would love one of these monkeys! She loves to sleep with all her stuffed animals!

I am impressed that they are all organic! I would love to win one for her!

Thank you!
baileybobby6(at)hotmail.com

Angie said...

Excess Baggage Giveaway

They are hosting a giveaway for a child's apron from Excess Baggage! Head on over and check it out! The contest ends Oct. 27th!

http://www.lifeasweknowit-marylynn.blogspot.com/

The colors and fabric they use is lovely, do check it out. I entered and it was super easy!

http://www.lifeasweknowit-marylynn.blogspot.com/

Angie said...

EXCESS BAGGAGE GIVEAWAY (addition)

Hey, I wanted to add the web site address of Excess Baggage!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5099214

Thanks

Angie said...

LUCABELLA DESIGNS GREAT GIVEAWAY!!

http://www.loveofbabyonline.com/2008/10/lucabella-designs-something-for.html

http://www.lucabelladesigns.com/

Some of my favorites you just have to check out are the "Does This Diaper Make My Butt Look Big?" onesie as well as the Bad to The Bone Diaper Wipe Case. I know you will love EVERYTHING over at LucaBella Designs just like I do! And don't forget Lucabella would have that perfect gift for the upcoming holidays or if you have a Baby Shower coming up!
Christina has given For The Love of Baby! readers a chance to win BIG from LucaBella Designs! She is giving TWO readers a $25.00 Gift Certificate! How awesome is that?

Head on over to www.loveofbabyonline.com to enter, I did and it was easy!

Angie said...

HEY, This is a great children's book they are giving away. Visit their site and enter, I did, it was easy! You might win!!

Sikulu & Harambe - A Story of Good Samaritan and Book GIVEAWAY!!"

http://www.ramblingmoo.com/?p=2623

When the book, Sikulu and Harambe By the Zambesi River came through the mail a few days ago, Darrius was estastic when he saw me holding the package and asked me who is it for? I told him that it was for him and he tried to snatched it off my hands and pestered me to open it up! The book, not only came in hard cover but filled with colorful illustrations too! Darrius was very interested and kept asking me what is this and that while flipping the pages. Darrius will turn 3 next month and I find that this book came just in time for me to start teaching him more of some basic life values.

In order to win, head on over to the Sikulu website and leave me a comment on what you liked about the site, be it the trivia, the story itself, a fact about the author or whatever you enjoyed most when you visited the site. If you have a blog, blog about this giveaway and link it back to this post, you will then be entitled to an additional entry to win. This giveaway is open to all my readers.

The giveaway begins today and will end on Sunday, 2nd November. A lucky winner will be chosen and I will post the winner’s name sometime on the following week. The prize will be sent directly by the sponsor all the way from the US!

Margaret said...

Thanks for coming to my blog and for following me. Be sure to come back the rest of the week to enter more giveaways.